Technical Support Specialist
Position type: full-time
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. This company is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
Are you a tech savvy problem solver? Do you like to learn about the latest technologies and help train others to provide the best on farm customer service? Would you like to play a part in shaping the future of digital agriculture?
Advanced Agrilytics (‘AA’) is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide support and assist in troubleshooting to our Precision Agronomists and key stakeholders using AA’s TerraFraming platform. The successful candidate will also assist with the development of training materials and verification of various data workflows.
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic tech company that provides farmers with actionable, customized strategies to deliver sustainable outcomes at the sub-acre level. Our independent hands-on approach combines field specific data with agronomic research to meet farmers at the cross-section of technology and a personal agronomist. With our patented Hex-Grid system, Advanced Agrilytics provides precise recommendations that help farmers manage inputs and resources and maximize profitability in any given environment. Our recommendations, backed with our own research and proprietary data systems, provide operations prescriptions focused on return on investment and independent of product manufacturers and retailers. Founded in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its team across the Midwest. The successful candidate will join a team of industry veterans with experience within agriculture’s leading seed, chemical and agriculture technology companies.
- Support Precision Agronomist data operations in AA’s TerraFraming platform
- Develop documentation and training materials
- Work with the Training Lead to deliver platform-specific training to Precision Agronomists and other stakeholders
- Prioritize and schedule help requests; escalate requests (when required) to the appropriate Geographic Information Systems (GIS) specialist/technician
- Evaluate documented resolutions for trends to prevent future problems.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Utilize GIS for analysis, query and visualization of spatial data.
- Provide testing support for various modules, procedures, and GIS/data workflows
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Two- or four-year degree in an agricultural-related field (i.e., agronomy, soils, precision ag), geographic information systems (GIS), computer science or related field
- Knowledge of GIS software; including ESRI’s ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience with major digital ag platforms and their associated data (Precision Planting, John Deere, Case IH, Ag Leader)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Utilization of Ag Leader’s SMS software for data conversion and general processing
- Strong customer orientation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Understanding of GIS software and data conversion practices utilizing off-the-shelf and in-house software tools
- Possess an analytic mindset as well as good problem-solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of global positioning systems (GPS), desktop mapping, web and database applications
- Working knowledge of different data types; including traditional and spatial formats as well as data that are collected/output from digital ag equipment manufacturers and their cloud-based data warehouses
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time pressure
- Experience with one or more of the following programming/database languages: R, Python, or SQL
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Collaborative work culture where each person makes a difference!